An anniversary is supposed to be the celebration of the day that you married the love of your life, and what better way to commemorate that special day than with a poignant and heartfelt anniversary quote? We’ve gathered together some of the best quotes for the occasion and a few ideas for using them as well.
Funny Anniversary Quotes
Your anniversary doesn’t need to be a somber occasion. On the contrary, it should be a day filled with joy, love, and most of all, laughter. To facilitate the latter, we’ve collected some funny anniversary quotes for you to use to delight that special someone.
- “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates. There’s nothing like a little wedding humor from one of the father’s of modern philosophy. You have to wonder, though, if he was referring to his own marriage!
- “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” – Paul Sweeney. This is a fantastic quote for those couples who have been together for years and have made it through all of their ups and downs. A quote like this, in a calligraphic font, would make a lovely wall hanging.
- “The concept of two people living together for 25 years without a serious dispute suggest a lack of spirit only to be admired in sheep.” – P. Herbert. Marriage isn’t perfect. It requires work from both sides, and the willingness to have those serious disputes without giving up. If you’ve made it to another anniversary, then congratulations!
Happy Anniversary Quotes
When people wish you a Happy Anniversary, they are wishing you happiness both that day and throughout the entire year. Here are a few happy quotes about enjoying and celebrating your anniversary.
- “The heart of marriage is memories; and if the two of you happen to have the same ones and can savor the reruns, then your marriage is a gift from the gods.” – Bill Cosby. Bill Cosby was known for his comedy skits, his television show, and his tightly knit family. There is no better advisor on anniversaries than a man who has been married to the same woman for 50 years.
- “I still fall for you every day.” – Antoine de Saint Exupery. The French author of the world-renowned children’s book “The Little Prince “has been known for her delightful prose and fascinating insights into the human psyche. This quote would look lovely on a handwritten card tucked into the lunchbox or briefcase before that special someone goes off to work or school for the day.
- “We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” –Dr. Seuss. When it comes to simply explaining matters of the heart, there is no greater wordsmith than Dr. Seuss. A little goes a long way with this quote.
Anniversary Quotes for Wife
If you’re looking for a heartfelt quote to tell your wife how you feel about her and your anniversary, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are a few good anniversary quotes for that amazing woman in your life.
- “I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you ever day that I hold you as high as the stars.” – Steve Maraboli. This quote is perfect for an anniversary card, or a new plaque for her wall or desk. Use etching compound the piece of glass from an empty picture frame to create a frosted masterpiece!
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” –Roy Croft. If you can’t find the words to tell her how she makes you feel, or the amazing changes she has wrought in you, then use this quote.
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A. Milne. The brilliant mind behind the classic children’s story Winnie the Pooh can also claim one of the most heartfelt anniversary quotes of our time. This amazing line is the perfect way to let your wife know just how much she means to you.
Anniversary Quotes for Husband
Sometimes it can be hard to tell that special man in your life just how you feel, so to help you out we’ve gathered together the best and most loving anniversary quotes for your husband.
- “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” –Judy Garland. This quote really needs no explanation. Superstar Judy Garland wraps it all up into one neat package that would look amazing on a photo album of your years together. Use this quote on the page with your wedding pictures!
- “I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow, the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.” –Cassandra Clare. This quote comes from a more contemporary author, but this doesn’t lesson its meaning or its impact. Even if you can’t remember the moment that you fell in love with him, this will remind him (and you) of how you feel when you’re together.
- In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”- Maya Angelou. This quote is credited to the amazing poet Maya Angelou, and is filled with rich meaning. In all the world, you picked him and he picked you and there’s nothing more beautiful than that.
If you’re looking for new and exciting ideas for anniversary gifts, check out our page on the subject! Maybe these anniversary quotes will give you a few new ideas for celebrating that next anniversary.
Back To www.quotesaboutmarriage.com HomePage